Ministry of Social Welfare, Relief & Resettlement
- Ministry of Defense
- Ministry of Home Affairs
- Ministry of Transport and Communications
- Ministry of Planning and Finance
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Ministry of Union Government Office
- Ministry of Border Affairs
- Ministry of Investment and Foreign Economic Relations
- Ministry of International Cooperation
- Ministry of Legal Affairs
- Ministry of Information
- Ministry of Religious Affairs & Culture
- Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Irrigation
- Ministry of Natural Resources & Environmental Conservation
- Ministry of Electric Power
- Ministry of Energy
- Ministry of Industry
- Ministry of Immigration & Population
- Ministry of Labour
- Ministry of Commerce
- Ministry of Education
- Ministry of Science and Technology
- Ministry of Health & Sports
- Ministry of Sports and Youth Affairs
- Ministry of Construction
- Ministry of Social Welfare, Relief & Resettlement
- Ministry of Hotel & Tourism
- Ministry of Ethnic Affairs
Ministry of Social Welfare, Relief & Resettlement
In 1945, before Myamar gained its independence , the supervisory office of Social Welfare and Rehabilitation was established to conduct the activities of social welfare and natural disaster prevention. Lately, after 1948, during the time of independence gained, the office was reorganized as the ministry of education, social welfare and resettlement. After that, the name of the office had changed as the ministry of education, relief and resettlement in 1952 and it had changed as the ministry of ethnic minority and relief and resettlement again in the same year to with the purpose of implementing the activities of natural disaster preparation, relief and resettlement and providing necesarry assistance. But in 1957, due to the political change, it had modied the name of the office as the ministry of Relief, Resettlement and National Reconciliation. In 1972, when the new administration took over, the office was reconstituted as Ministry of Social Welfare. At the beginning, there are two departments under the ministry as department of social welfare and department of relief and resettlement.
1992,the State Law and Order Restoration Council transformed the Ministry of Social Welfare into the Ministry of Social Welfare, Relief and Resettlement with three departments including The Fire Services department under its Notification 14/92 dated 19-02-1992.
On 6th November 2012, the Department of Fire Services was transferred to the Ministry of Home Affairs due to the nature of work and to be in accord with the contemporary situations, and so there are only two departments left under this ministry---the Social Welfare Department and Relief and Resettlement Department.
There are 265 Officer and 2876 Staff(Total 3141) under the Ministry.According to the need of the civil servants, the Ministry increased the office in Division Region and Training school for two departments.On 2015 March 31, the Ministry has 620 Officer and 4314 Staff (total 4934) were present.
Ministry of Social Welfare, Relief and Resettlement have 620 officials, 4314 staffs and total 4934 with the extension of the organization set up for the development of administrative mechanism on 1st April 2015.
On 10th March 2016, Department of Social Welfare extended its organization set up and the Ministry have the officials were 624, staffs were 4632 and total was 5256.
Both of two departments, Department of Social Welfare and Relief and Resettlement Department were extended their organization set up on 6th July 2017. So there were 1965 officials, 14614 staffs and the total was 16579.
On 31st January 2018, under the Ministry of Social Welfare, Relief and Resettlement, Department of Rehabilitation was established with the staffs from the existing two departments. Moreover the name of Relief and Resettlement Department was changed to Disaster Management Department.
So the following are the current organization set up of Ministry of Social Welfare, Relief and Resettlement,
No. Name Officer Staff Total
1 Minister’s Office 50 115 165
2 Department of Social Welfare 765 8383 9148
3 Disaster Management Department 1120 5814 6934
4 Department of Rehabilitation 54 264 318
Total 1989 14576 16565
Department of Social Welfare (DSW)
The Department of Social Welfare (DSW) is performing as focal Department in providing Social Welfare Services for those who are facing with social problems. The services such as preventing from social problems, emerging the volunteers who could be sharing and providing social services in the community, carrying out social development and providing services through social work methods are run by this Department.
Department of Disaster Management (DDM)
Relief and Resettlement Department had emerged in Myanmar since the pre-independence .1945, a center for social and rehabilitation has emerged in the Office of the Director load desertion collecting loans and resettlement issues. 1948 When independence of Education, Ministry of Social and Rehabilitation was originally formed as operations proceed. Education on (1-11-1951) Relief and re-formed as the Ministry of placement loan collection, deserters Insurgency community housing forsaken supplies to rescue people, destroyed homes and placed back in service. (17-3-1952) Day, in collaboration with the Ministry of Minority Affairs in the Ministry of Relief and Resettlement, re-established as an IDP loans collection Relief aid and resettlement work. The emergence of social welfare activities, social welfare, 1953 Relief and re-formed as the Ministry of resettling 1957 Relief Re-positioning, and was reorganized as the Ministry of National Unity. In 1972, rescue, Resettlement and the Ministry of National Unity formed as canceled. Relief and Resettlement Department under the Ministry of Social Welfare Department. Relief and Resettlement Department, Emergency Management Center (EOC), Disaster Management Training Center (DMTC), Region / State Department's Office (15) Office and the Office of the District Officer's Office (29) activities. On 31.1.2018 the name of Relief and Resettlement Department, the Department of Disaster Management name was transformed.
Department of Rehabilitation
Department of Rehabilitation undertakes its tasks by underlining the rehabilitation programs on peace and ethnic affairs and abiding the policy of ministry which is bringing about the society that ensure enjoyment of human rights through providing rehabilitation programs for people with disabilities, ex-drug addicts, human trafficking, sex trafficking, child soldiers, abandoned children, child soldier, child rape survivors, children in conflict with the law, street children, pregnant women, older people, commercial sex workers, natural disasters and manmade disasters.Department of Rehabilitation undertakes its tasks by underlining the rehabilitation programs on peace and ethnic affairs and abiding the policy of ministry which is bringing about the society that ensure enjoyment of human rights through providing rehabilitation programs for people with disabilities, ex-drug addicts, human trafficking, sex trafficking, child soldiers, abandoned children, child soldier, child rape survivors, children in conflict with the law, street children, pregnant women, older people, commercial sex workers, natural disasters and manmade disasters.
Function of the DSW
The DSW implements social welfare services in eight different areas of social need by direct and indirect means. The different types of social services are as follows:
(1) Early Childhood Care and Development Services
(2) Children and Youth Welfare Services
(3) Women Welfare Services
(4) Care of the Aged
(5) Rehabilitation of the Disabled Persons
(6) Rehabilitation of Ex-drug Addicts
(7) Grants in Aids to Voluntary Organizations
(8) Public Welfare Services
(9) receiving mixer were forced integration and rehabilitation
(10) Social protection services
Main functions of Relief and Resettlement Department are:
- Coordinates with the Governmental Departments, UN agencies, International Non- Govern- mental Organizations, Local Non-Governmental Organizations and Social Organizations for the disaster prevention, preparedness and disaster risk reduction measures.
- Provides emergency assistance for the disaster victims.
- Reintegration for the drifters who stranded to over sea countries because of various reasons.
- Provision of assistance for the Internally Displaced Persons due to armed conflict, social conflict .
- Provision of assistance to the populations who suffer from famine as a consequence of damage of crops due to abnormal weather or insect infections.
- Coordinates with the Governmental Departments, UN agencies, International Non- Governmental Organizations, Local Non-Governmental Organizations, Social Organizations and donors for implementing recovery programs with a view to gaining better lives of the disaster affected people.