Ministry of Planning & Finance
Ministry of Planning and Finance
- After Post- Independence, Ministry of National Planning and Ministry of Finance and Revenue had organized separately.
- Ministry of National Planning was formed after independence for the rehabilitation of Myanma Economy. Main role of Ministry was to draw plans in each field that relating to country’s socio-economic. The Ministry of National Planning was first founded in associating with Ministry of Industry, Ministry of Religious and Culture, and Ministry of Defense.
- Since 1964, Ministry of National Planning was reformed as a separated Ministry. There were (5) departments/organizations in Ministry of National Planning. Main functions of Ministry of National Planning were analyzing State’s economical contracts and agreements, negotiating plans with other Ministries and coordinating with foreign countries for incorporation of economy, aids, assistance and United Nation’s aid and experts.
- Ministry of Finance and Revenue was established with (17) departments/ enterprises/organizations including Account Offices (Audit) to develop Myanma monetary system and economy prior to 1972.
- Ministry of National Planning and Ministry of Finance and Revenue combined as a Ministry of Planning and Finance in accordance with implementing new administrative system in Myanmar in 1972, Revolutionary Council period. There were (15) departments/enterprises/ organizations under the Ministry of Planning and Finance.
- In 1993, Ministry of Planning and Finance had divided into two ministries namely, Ministry of National Planning and Economics Development and Ministry of Finance and Revenue. There were (7) departments/ organizations under the Ministry of National Planning and Economics Development and (12) departments / enterprises / organizations including Central Bank under the Ministry of Finance and Revenue.
- In 2013, Ministry of Finance and Revenue had changed its name to Ministry of Finance. Central Bank of Myanmar has formed separately from Ministry of Finance. There were (13) departments/organizations/ enterprises in Ministry of Finance.
- In 2016, new government had desire to combine ministries which functions are related to each other. Therefore Ministry of National Planning and Economic Development and Ministry of Finance combined again as a Ministry of Planning and Finance.
- On December 28, 2018, Foreign Economic Relations Department (FERD) and Directorate of Investment and Company Administration (DICA) of the Ministry of Planning and Finance were moved to the Ministry of Investment and Foreign Economic Relations. So, there were (18) departments/ organizations/ enterprises in the Ministry of Planning and Finance.
- Ministry of Planning and Finance has been implementing tasks for Monetary Services, Bank Services, Public Finance Management, Revenue System and drawing plans for Economy and Human Resource Development to develop socio-economic of country rapidly.
There are (18) departments/organizations/enterprises in Ministry of Planning and Finance. These are as follows:
- National Archives Department
- Central Equipment Statistics and Inspection Department
- Planning Department
- Central Statistical Organization
- Project Appraisal and Progress Reporting Department
- Myanma Economic Bank
- Myanma Foreign Trade Bank
- Myanma Investment and Commercial Bank
- Myanma Agriculture Development Bank
- Myanma Insurance
- Budget Department
- Treasury Department
- Internal Revenue Department
- Customs Department
- Financial Regulatory Department
- Pension Department
- Revenue Appellate Tribunal
- Securities and Exchange Commission of Myanmar